"Making Datamatrix Barcodes In Filemaker Just Got Easy..."
2. Click Create.
3. Make a New Calculation Field choosing Calculation as the type for the field, (n.b. in a popup menu on Filemaker 7 - 11).
4. Then type a name for your field and select Create (In our example we have used "New calculation field") fig 6.
5. Create will take you to the calculation field preferences (fig 7).
Choose "Text" from the "Calculation result is" popup menu.
6. Type Barcode2D_Datamatrix(datafield ; "") in the box provided, as shown in fig 7. (or choose the function from the External function list in the top right corner and set the parameter to Datafield). Then click OK.
a. On your system the comma ( , ) may be a semi-colon ( ; ).
b.If you want PDF 417 you need to use the function
Barcode2D_PDF417( data ; number of rows(3-90) ; number of columns(3-30) ; Error Correction level(1-8) ; 2).
c. Datafield is the name of the field where you want to get the data for the barcode from this can be any field in your database.
7. You should now have 2 fields. Click OK. This will take you back to the layout.
To Finish Setting Up
You will now have a new field on your layout.
Select the new field on the layout.
Now select Format > Font > BarcodeDatamatrix from the menu bar to set the font for your field to barcode as shown in fig 8. You may need to add the font to the list on newer versions of filemaker
Select Format > size > 10pt to set the font size to ten points.
Select Format > Line Spacing > Custom, This will take you to fig 9.
Select pixels from the dropdown menu to the left of the Height field
Set the Height field to 10 pixels (fig 9).
This returns you to layout page with the barcode field now setup.
Choose Browse Mode (Apple B on the Mac, Ctrl B on Windows) to view your barcode which is now ready for printing(fig 10).
There are a lot of other options you can apply to the barcode using Barcode2D for FileMaker, but if you just need a simple datamatrix this is all you need to do.
Our No-Nonsense Licensing Policy
We have a no-nonsense licensing policy.
Everything you need to make bar codes in FileMaker is included in the price.
We include our Barcode Fonts free of charge.
You do not need any extra fonts or anything else.
Licensing is per machine that the Plug-In is installed on.
If you create bar codes on a machine you must buy a license for it,
but you can view and print the codes from any copy of FileMaker
using the free Barcode Font included.
You can have the Barcode Font on
as many machines as you like for no extra charge.